Thursday 5 April 2012

Life with my Goldring NS1000s

They are still awesome! But since getting my babies I have come across a reoccurring issue. The detachable audio cable.... At first I thought that detachable cables are something that should be fitted on all headphones, but now I may re consider.
The NS1000s come standard with a chunky, gold plated, anti-oxygen cable manufactured by QED, one of if not the best quality cable manufacturer, but as neither end of the cable has a right angled grip fitting, they are susceptible for the connections becoming loose when used with mp3 players/mobiles due to all the moving about the ends have to go through. 'Just get a replacement' I hear you say, not that simple... The headphones have an about 1 cm deep recess before the jack port starts, meaning the replacement cable needs to have narrow/thin grips otherwise the jack will not even begin to connect, and an exact replacement cables start at around £20 and balls to paying that!
I'm currently waiting for my 3rd cable to arrive and this time I've opted for a right-angled cable.
So when purchasing headphones with a detachable cable remember to consider; the recess it needs to fit not just the jack size!


No comments:

Post a Comment